Monday, August 29, 2016

Celebratory Hater Post - It's Like a Party For My Blog!

Uh first, where's the fucking cake and cue the balloons and confetti because this is a damn celebration!
Little ol' Abigail has her first commentator sippin' on that hatorade. If you think this post is petty, you are welcome to see yourself out. Feel free to check back for another post, though. No hard feels.

The rest of you heathens - grab your party hats, popcorn, punch, and Jujubes to enjoy the show.
(Party favors will be booze for all interested at a later date.)

Now, I'm going to direct the remainder of this post to the sweet little gem that inspired it. 
Aren't you special?


Hello Random Person,

I would say nice to meet you (because I'm a lady like that), but I have a sneaking suspicion I have already met you. Instead, I'll say it's nice to see you again and thanks for taking the time out of your obviously painfully busy day to verse me on myself and relationships. So insightful, truly, but let me set you straight on a few things. You don't mind broadening your views on the subject, do you?
oh, good.

And here we go!

First, I would like to point out that no, I do not think I have it all figured out as I stated in my post. Let me direct your attention to the ninth line of my post where I stated, "And I'm also just fucking clueless of how this is all supposed to work." Well, all be damned! Would ya look at that! I think that pretty explicitly states that I'm practically running around like a chicken with my head cut off. All of my musings are merely just that, a reflection, all of which I form personal opinions about and in no way state that my opinions must be the truth.

The next course will be:

You Don't Know My Life Biscuits With a Side Of Eat Shit Gravy - Check it, I don't care how well you think you know me or my relationships. Let me bitch slap you with reality real quick - you don't know as much as you think you do. If you did, you'd have a much better position in my life than just ranting on my measly blog. I take responsibility for the shortcomings I have had in my relationships. However, I am also able to realize the shortcomings of others and I don't shy away from bringing them to light with my own. That's what you do when you're an adult and you want better relationships. You sit down, evaluate, determine what/who needs to change, and you move forward again like an awkward giraffe calf just birthed 6 feet off the ground, not very smoothly but you get there. Also, you don't know me well enough to know what I think so let's just take a chill pill, yeah? Sit down and drink your hate juice.

Moving on!

Sure, love just is. I can get down with that and all the mushy shit you just vomited all over my rational post. However, love can be evaluated and chosen. I might love an addict, but I am not going to choose that life. That doesn't erase the love, but it is a logical step away from it.You can love someone and still realize the need to walk away. Also, I don't know if you read it, but my post wasn't about love. My post was about casually dating. Two very, very different things with very different expectations and outcomes. And, I get butterflies every time I see pancakes, so...

Truckin' right along here - 

I realize that I have high expectations. Everyone who really knows me and listens to my incessant gabbing has heard me say this repeatedly. I do not ask things of others that I am not fully prepared to offer myself. And yes, I will fall short as will they, but there will be a joint desire to meet those expectations.
Love being unplanned or uncontrollable has nothing to do with my expectations. What are you envisioning here? I might see some person trippin' balls on the sidewalk, chasing after a squirrel for their next meal and experience love at first sight because love just is? No. Well maybe if they caught the squirrel, because that shows some impressive skill and dedication. Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! The reason why I am going to fall in love with someone is because they strive to meet my expectations as I would do the same for them. It isn't going to be just some blind force like falling through a time warp where I'm just along for the ride because it's literally uncontrollable. I don't want that kind of love. That's playground love. I want major league love.
"You are always going to fail or be miserable with the requirements, rules and standards you hold." That statement is beyond inaccurate. I am not going to fail, because I am going to continually strive for greatness. Even if I don't attain greatness every time I grasp for it, I am still succeeding just by the effort itself. I would much rather hold high standards for myself and others and not have a perfect outcome than have low expectations that are met every time. I am not going to be miserable, because I am continuously progressing in learning and knowing myself. Also, homegirl over here knows how to make herself happy. I don't need no man!..or woman. I am going to hold out for that person who either meets my expectations or shows me that they are genuinely too high because they strive to meet them first and then educate me as to why I am being unreasonable. That person is going to be worth the wait. I will not settle just because I happen to feel butterflies. I will feel the whole fucking zoo with the right person.

Just around the riverbend!

You're right. I can only control and change myself. That entails controlling who I allow and devote my time to and for whom I want to change.
"If you have been let down in the past, it is due to you letting yourself down and not initiating self control of yourself." I'll give you partial credit. I take full responsibility for expecting things of people that I know cannot meet the requirements. I take full responsibility for settling and fooling myself into wasting time on people who are not worth it. However, I am always honest and forward about the things that I want and expect and I encourage that of others. I also expect them to be honest about whether or not they can or want to meet my expectations. Everyone has the right to say no or bow out. It takes two to tango...not sexually in this situation.
"Stop blaming others and letting yourself down. It will only come when you are ready for it, and not before. So if you want love and don't have it, ask yourself what YOUR doing wrong." First, you're*. Second, I place blame where blame is due. It is usually shared and I reserve the right to determine who has fallen short where, because this is my fucking life. If someone has a problem, I will promptly show them the door because they obviously don't have enough salt to pass muster. I am continually learning from myself and growing. I never claim to be faultless. I am capable of being faulty and realizing the faults in others. I am constantly evaluating myself to determine what I can do to be a better person for myself and that will be worthy of the love that I desire, all of which is no one else's business but mine.

Finale - 

I think you missed the entire point of my post and the blatant sarcasm tucked throughout. The post was about dating casually, my reflections/hypotheses on said dating and the people it involves, and me floundering throughout the process. Netflix and Chill while dating casually is not on the docket for me and this is not a term I would personally use if I were in love with someone.
Yes the long-term goal is to find my person, but at this moment it's about taking the time to explore individuals and myself and fighting the urge to jump into another lackluster relationship.
I hope this has helped you understand that it's best not to speak out of turn and to really know what/whom you're talking about before you open your mouth so that others don't have to clean up the bullshit that you spew. Have a great day and keep striving not to judge others as will I.

P.S. You can't mic drop, because I already did. Snooze, ya lose!

Best,

Abigail

2 comments:

  1. Let's talk about how you put yourself on this high and mighty ivory tower for a second ok? You seem to have these high standards for everyone else but you have absolutely shit standards when it comes to yourself. You want to point out others flaws while disregarding your own. You think it's ok to treat people poorly while you bounce back and forth and waste other's time while you're trying to figure out what you want. My point is how could you have any ounce of respect for yourself when you have no respect for others and their feelings. That whole honesty thing you were talking about, yeh that never showed itself. At least I was honest and upfront with my feelings before you trashed them and didn't think they mattered. Never mind what that did to your current girlfriends feelings at the time. Casual dating for the time being ... I don't think you should be thinking about dating anyone right now, because frankly you're a hot mess. Nobody wants to be casually dating someone that has no clue what they want or even know what they are doing, or knows how to treat someone with respect let alone their feelings. If you don't have the same feelings for that person you tell them and at least then you're not leading someone on or representing a lie and wasting that persons time.
    Now this major league love your talking about... You wouldn't know what to do with it if you had it sitting in the palm of your hand. Someone like you that treats people the way you do will have it, come across it and loose it because you, like a lot of people will think that there is always something better and there will never be anyone good enough. So good luck in your life and your search for love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I've had enough of this super fun banter we've been having here. You still haven't quite learned not to speak out of turn at your age. Let's just call you as you are, Jolly. Beyond being absolutely fucking delusional, you're also crossing so many lines I can't even count them. Your warped version of me is just fine and dandy in your special little world, but in the real world where adults who aren't sociopath stalkers live, it doesn't fly. The point is, I don't give a shit what you think of me and I'm not going to continue to discuss issues of which you have zero competence. I have plenty of people in my corner and all you are is a lonely, manipulative, adolescent individual. I don't need nor do I want your advice when you can't even manage to respect someone's request to STOP CONTACTING THEM let alone lead a fulfilling life of your own without frantically trying to tear someone else down along the way. I have told you several times to stop contacting me and at this point it's super fucking creepy. A profile specifically to keep tabs on me and annoy me through the internet because I have blocked you every where else?? And you would have had to make ANOTHER fake account somewhere else to find out about this blog...Get some fucking control. If you continue, I will take legal action. Let me say that again - If you do not stop making efforts to contact me, I will take legal action. That seems to be the only thing you might barely understand and you have now made several people witnesses to your compulsive stalker behavior. I am not nor will I ever be intimidated by you. Do not make another effort to contact me.

    ReplyDelete